Seattle Neuropsychiatric Treatment Center (SeattleNTC) wants to add an outstanding physician assistant (PA) to our exceptional team!
SeattleNTC subspecializes in difficult-to-treat depression and other treatment-resistant psychiatric/neuropsychiatric problems. Our group offers ECT, TMS, VNS, esketamine/Spravato®, and ketamine infusions. These services are key components of the network of care for patients in the 5-state region surrounding Washington State. Through our close affiliation with Swedish Medical Center and two of their hospitals, we lead one of the busiest ECT services in the Western US. Our five clinic sites provide a large portion of the TMS and esketamine treatments in the Seattle metropolitan area. Our focus is on clinical excellence, evidence-based practice, and patient-centered care.
In addition to specialized clinical care, SeattleNTC has a growing research portfolio, including studies involving ECT and TMS outcomes, EEG-biomarkers in TMS and esketamine response, vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) for treatment-resistant depression, and psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. Our clinic is a training site for senior University of Washington Psychiatry Residents.
The ideal PA candidate for a position on the medical staff at SeattleNTC is a talented person with excellent communication skills and a strong commitment to patient- and team-centered care. Preference is given for candidates with two or more years psychiatry/mental health experience. We would love to meet you if that experience includes TMS, esketamine, and/or IV ketamine, and we particularly value the ability and the strong desire to work in a cohesive team!
SeattleNTC employs adult and child/adolescent psychiatrists, some of whom have additional fellowship training in neuropsychiatry or geriatric psychiatry. We recently welcomed a PA to our team and are looking forward to hiring others who can bring unique experience to the group and who have a willingness to learn and grow. Our staff members are not cogs in a wheel, there is ample room for differences in approach and style. After we work together for a time, involvement in research, teaching, special projects, and/or leadership could be considered. Our clinic offers flexible work schedules, including part-time or other arrangements besides the typical 5-day work week. We have oodles of administrative support, allowing PAs to focus on being PAs.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
– Work full-time or part-time, either way schedule is flexible and can include some work-from-home/telehealth
– New-patient consultations/intakes, discuss treatment options
– Follow-up visits during course of treatment, assess progress
– Supervision of TMS and esketamine staff during treatment sessions
– Motor threshold (MT) determinations for TMS
– Coordinate with referring psychiatrist or other provider(s)
– Document in electronic medical record
– Attend/contribute to team meetings and case conferences
– Compensation $130,000-$160,000 per year (depending on experience and qualifications, pro-rated to FTE)
– Health insurance (if 0.8 FTE or greater)
– Dental insurance (if 0.8 FTE or greater)
– Vision insurance (if 0.8 FTE or greater)
– Disability insurance (if 0.8 FTE or greater)
– 401K w/ employer match (eligible after 1 year, if 0.8 FTE or greater)
– PTO/CME/sick time (4 weeks, pro-rated to FTE) + 12 company holidays
– Training in TMS, principles of ECT, esketamine, and ketamine infusions
– PA degree
– Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
– Eligible for Washington State PA license
– Eligible for paneling on all major insurance plans and to participate in Medicare
Optional Qualifications which are favorable:
– Experience working in acute clinical setting(s), psychiatric or otherwise
– Experience working with psychiatric patients
– Previous formal training in brain stimulation/interventional psychiatry
– Experience with TMS, esketamine, and/or IV ketamine
– Experience with clinical research
If you are interested in working with some fun, dedicated people please contact Joshua Bess MD, Medical Director/Managing Partner, at email@example.com.
Last updated: August 24, 2022